lunes, 23 de abril de 2012

My gluten Free Baking Corner: Orange Loaf

This is exactly the same version we did last tuesdays with TDW, the only funny thing is I didn't have any lemons, so I decided to try with oranges.



I found in Mercadona, a gluten-free flour-mix that has turned out very useful for me, as I have no idea about how to prepare one. There are 3 kinds of mixes, Mix A with rice flour, potato flour and tapioca flour; Mix B  with polenta or chestnut flour, brown rice flour and cornflour; and Bread Mix with soya flour, tapioca flour, potato flour and cornflour. 

For those who know this kind of allergy, also know that the difference in texture for food is difficult. Flavour also tends to be disguised by the flours you use. I try with all my good will to make the best things out of glutten free baking, allthough I have to much to learn, and this time I succeeded. I managed a texture similar to what we call in Spain Mildred. 


My friend had never tried it, so it was amazing to tell here: Hey! now you know what mildred tastes like!! She said it was the best loaf she had ever tried, and one of the best things I've made for her since I started (which actually hurt a little, because I love my cheesecake!!!!).

So here you have the results for it, hope you like it! I used more flour than indicated and the zest of one orange, you can find the link to the recipes on my earlier post TWD: Lemon Loaf. Enjoy!!


1 comentario: